Being a presenter means working at the front line of television. While it can be all-consuming and often challenging, it’s a job that can also be exciting, enthralling and deeply satisfying.
Your job could involve introducing or hosting a show, reporting on special events, reading the news, interacting with live audiences or interviewing folk from all walks of life.
However, TV presenting can be a tough business to break into and that’s why it’s important to get the inside track on what it takes to become the next big thing.
Learning how to bring something special to a show by focusing on your strengths and building your own personal brand, is also essential in your approach to becoming a standout TV presenter.
That’s why this master class lays down the foundation that you need to become part of this thrilling world while imparting essential tricks and tips of the trade.
In doing this master class, you will learn:
• The basics of broadcasting
• The team behind the scenes
• The most important skills you need to possess
• What producers and agents are really looking for in a TV presenter
• How to stand out from the crowd
• Understanding your own special ‘brand’
You’ll be introduced to:
• Different camera presentations from handheld to multi-camera
• What it means to ‘talk to camera’, ‘talk to time’ and how to do both effectively
• Autocue techniques
• Using an earpiece with ‘open talkback’
• How to ad-lib effectively
• Researching, scripting and conducting great on-air interviews
• Pre-records and live broadcasts